A new post!

I have been chastised for my lack of posts lately, but life has been busy with...life! All those great adventures that pop up at every turn! We are great and having lots of fun, especially with cousins in town for the week, but here is something that I found pretty funny when it happened. Sat. afternoon at the end of the 2nd session of conference, a couple men came to clean our couch and love seat. Let me prefice that with, that morning, knowing I had nothing important to do until much later, I rolled out of bed, put on the first set of shorts and T-shirt I could find ( gym clothes? yes. Dirty? Yes. Gross? Yes. Reality? Yes!) and I'm pretty sure I didn't even re-do my ponytail. All morning we did yard work and house chores, and laid around watching conference. So, back to couch cleaning man. I let him in, got him started, and went upstairs to shower and get ready to go see a dear friend in the hospital. 45 minutes later couch-man called up that he was finished and I went down to pay him. He looked up at me and said, "Whoa.... You look, pretty.?!" He then eyed me warily, as if there really was a large possibility that the lady who let him in and then went upstairs, was not the same one that came back down. The question remains- did I look THAT BAD before I went upstairs, or THAT GOOD when I came back down ? I guess we will never know...but I know what I will believe... :o)
Okay, one more good one. As I have mentioned, Jaxon apparently listens to everything I say, and then files it in his memory to repeat back and strange or funny times. Earlier today I was explaining to my visiting niece (Peyton), that her other cousin (Kalle) had to give her tiny baby kitten away, becuase her younger brother (Oakley 18 months) was not gentle and would have "squished" it. Jaxon never said a word during the whole conversation. Later today as Jaxon and I were driving home, he asked about the baby in Aunt Amber's belly. (Kalle and Oakley's mom) I told him very soon it was going to come out, and Aunt Amber would have a brand new tiny baby. Jaxon immediately perked up and said, "Tiny baby? No! No, Oakey squish! No Aunt Amber baby, Oakey squish!" I thought that was pretty hilarious, and again goes to show how much I have to be careful about what he hears!!! Oh children!

3 comments:

ThePalmers said...

You have one smart wipper-snapper on your hands Sis!

jckhadlocks said...

Hey Ash. I talked to Lauren and she said we can visit her on Friday at 11am. I'm going to call Kelly and see if she can do like 11:30. I remember you saying that this Friday was okay but I just wanted to make sure. Hope everything is going well and I'll talk to you soon. :)

Cicily said...

Way to go shocking even the couch man.