Mr. Mom, Husband Extraordinaire!


In all the hustle and bustle of this crazy weekend, and then getting back to real life, I failed to mention how fantastically, amazingly, wonderfully wonderful my dear Dave is! He knew how stressed I was about this past weekend, and did everything he could to support me! When I got home at 7 on Saturday night he had done all the laundry (including folding and putting away) vacuumed, done all the dishes, unloaded the dishwasher, and even replaced lightbulbs. This was on top of his regular daddy/husband weekend duties of taking out all the trash, mowing our lawn, and then heading to my parents house and doing their lawn! That is on top of having Jaxon by himself ALL DAY!! Is he the best or what? NO WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!! He had chicken laid out and ready to grill for dinner the minute I walked in the door!!! NO WAIT! THERE'S MORE! (and this part he would probably rather that I not share...) he even did my routine for me while I called it to him to make sure I was cueing correctly and at the right time! He felt like a major doof, but he never complained once! (The extreme red color of his face gave him away though!) Then on Sunday he took Jaxon to church all by himself, and kept the house immaculate for me to come home too again! NO WAIT, THERE'S MORE!! He even remembered to bring me home delicious Sunday dinner from my parents house!

I am sad to say that Dave is a much better home-maker than I am. It made me so happy all those things he did for me, and also sad that I don't do them nearly as well! I decided that we should probably just switch roles...but then I came back to reality and remembered that it would be a little difficult to support a family on a Water Dynamics Instructor salary!

Dave, you are too wonderful for words, and my description of your love and support this weekend does not begin to do it justice! I LOVE YOU!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
(These two new songs are dedicated to you, because you are my everyday miracle and you make my life beautiful!!)

11 comments:

molly said...

Oh, this is so sweet, what a good guy. I have said on more than one occasion that Tim would make a better homemaker then me, oh well!

Sarah said...

I think there's something about those Rogers boys. I have to admit that Matt too is a better homemaker than I.
It's amazing how he seems to be able to do so many more things, so very well, all the while entertaining the kiddos. I think though, that because it's, shall we say, a novelty for the men, perhaps they're more capable. 'Cause you know, they've got to/get to go back to their day job. I don't know if that makes any sense.
At any rate...You rock Dave. You too Matt. I wonder if Dan is as good. Mom & Dad must've done something right with those boys.
And of course we did something good by snatching those boys right up. Yay us!

Momma Malia said...

good job dave. i'm getting ready to head to boston for 5 DAYS and i've typed out a schedule/meal plan, lists of activities brailyn likes, misc nagging (ie; wash hands when you play with grandma's goats, wear sunscreen if you're outside for awhile...) i know i'm probably just being a control freak, but i know brailyn likes a bit of routine and clint, well, doesn't so much. let's all pray together that my baby's alive and healthy when i get back!

Nedra Tietjen said...

Way to go Dave! You are a good man! You too Ashley! Woman I mean!

Brandis said...

Darn, I was really hoping to see pictures of Dave doing a water aerobics workout on dry land... Oh well. What a great guy!! I sometimes get depressed when Donny kicks my butt in the homemaking category, especially when he has the kids AND does the housework, but I like to think that if he were doing it every day that he would be less proficient at it like me. :) Thank goodness for wonderful husbands!!!

Cicily said...

What a great guy. I love when they just know you need it and do all sorts of great stuff for you. Good husbands are awesome. The word verification I was asked to type in is very close to the "f" word. What's up with that?

Flaherty Fam said...

That is awesome and I think more husbands need to get a chance to walk in your shoes more often. Brett is also one of those guys that can totally take on the role of "homemaker". I stop myself from complaining when I hear about hubbies that don't help at all. I would go crazy! Anyways, I would love to come to your water class, since non-members can come. That sounds so fun. Remind me when it is, so I can plan on it.

THE TAASE'S said...

aww ashley...you definitely got a winner there. it's always makes me happy to hear that my friends are well taken care of by their significant others. HOW BLESSED WE ALL ARE!

p.s. that's funny about you and Heather at the same gym. I forgot that she goes there. Do you still see Natalie (Schaub now Perry) there too??

CJB said...

Its the trickle down effect. Dave has awesome parents and they fo shizzle get much of the credit that he is such a good egg. Three cheers for Terry & Sandi! And lets not forget his SS teacher from Mission Bay Glory Days...

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Kudos Dave! He's certainly one of a kind.

The Ferrells said...

Good old duck face.