I DID IT!



I just completed two days consisting of 18 hours (and 3 at home practice hours) of water aerobics instructor training, and I'm happy to say I GOT A PASS!!! HURRAY!!! I didn't say anything about it Via blog, because the program at my gym is pretty difficult, I was VERY nervous, and I didn't want to have to admit if I didn't pass. Our gym only teaches pre-choreographed classes, so next on the list is too memorize the other 8 songs from the next class release....not an easy feat...but I can now teach track 4 of the new release in its entirety! (I had to learn it last night, and be able to teach it today!)
There are still several steps I have to take before I could get my own class, but I have taken the first step, which was definately the scariest. I have always had a secret desire to be an aerobics instructor, so when this training came up, I decided now was the time!!! I am incredibly sore, tired, sore, hungry, sore, and water-logged, but I feel like I really accomplished something huge. I know lots of people think that water aerobics is just for wimps and old ladies (see picture below that Dave insisted I upload) but this is a challenging class, and teaching on land (we don't get in the water) is about 1000 times more difficult that actually doing the class in water. When I've learned all 9 songs and am ready to pass it off, I have to get myself video'd at the gym teaching the whole thing. I get to invite non-gym members to be my mock class, so anyone interested in coming, hopefully in about a month, just let me know!!!


10 comments:

Marie said...

Very impressed and also jealous that you did better than I did!!! I better watch or next you'll be taking over my class.

Sarah said...

Congrats Ash! That's awesome. I've always wanted to be an aerobics instructor too. You're so cool. You rock!

ThePalmers said...

Way to go Sis- You are constantly amazing me. Teaching any sort or gym class sounds very scary to me, but you will do AWESOME! Boy are we different... heavenly father knew that was the only way to put two girls into the Ferrell family- I sure love you Sis!

Brandis said...

If I took a class from you, would I come out of it looking like that lady?? If not, then I'd love to be in your mock class. :) Way to go & good luck with the rest of the training/memorization! :)

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Thats really cool Ash! Congrats on going after something! You will never be accused of having a boring life because you fill it with so many new hobbies and aspirations. I wish I could be there to take your mock class! You'll have to post the video once its done. :) Oh, and I did not delete your post from my blog. I don't know where it went if its not there anymore. Christi accidentally posted the same post twice and she deleted one of them, but I didn't delete yours. It wasn't inappropriate at all.

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, Ashley...I've seen the teachers at your gym, and so am every more impressed with you. You will be great at this! I also wish I was there to be in your mock class, though there's no way I'd keep up! Love ya!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Sorry my comments are showing up as Riverside 7th YW. I forgot to switch accounts so its posting as my YW blog account instead of Layne & Kelly Nelson.

Cicily said...

I would love to come to your class when you teach it. You have been shunned for not coming to dinner.

Nedra Tietjen said...

Oh!!! Pick me pick me! I want to be in your mock class. Do I get to mock you? JK, I would never do that... I thought about doing that when I heard about it at the gym but I could not find where I would squeeze it into my schedule. So glad you did it! Congratulations!

The Hoopers said...

Wow, How cool is that!!! You are a busy lady!