One good turn....

Today while shopping at Target (which Jaxon HATES) I bought him a bag of popcorn, because that will generally appease him for about 20 minutes. Jaxon cannot eat a whole bag, and I didn't want any, so I saw another young mother- (thats right! I still consider myself a "young Mother") with two young girls and offered her half the bag. You would have thought I offered to pay her a million dollars with how surprised she acted! Well, about 25 minutes later, the popcorn spell had worn off, and Jaxon was squacking loudly and yelling "HOME MOMMY! GO HOME!!" Well, I still needed to pick up a few things and who was in the isle but the "other young mom" She said, "You must have hit your 20 minute mark!" To which I said I had. She then reached into her purse and pulled out a funsize bag of M&M's and said, "Maybe these will help!" M&M's???? OF COURSE THEY HELP!!!! Anyway, the point is, I was really glad we gave her some popcorn, because I Got 10 more good minutes and we were out the door! Thank you young mother, wherever you are, thank you!

4 comments:

Nedra Tietjen said...

Didn't your mother teach you not to take candy from strangers? This and the acid rain water incident... I think we may need an intervention. :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering who would be first to point out that fact...dear Nedra, always looking out for us!!!

THE TAASE'S said...

How funny, Puka (my 2 yr. old boy) also hates shopping! He too repeats " I WANT TO GO HOME", and doesn't stop no matter what goodies I give him. Such a boy!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

What goes around comes around!