President Hinckley



Our dear prophet passed away last night at the age of 97. I was certainly sad to hear the news, but also so glad to know he is back with his beloved Marjorie. He led a wonderfully productive life and has left a tremendous legacy. When I think of my favorite things about President Hinckley, two immediately come to mind. The first is the overwhelming love he was always able to convey in his messages. I loved his twinkly eyes and the way he always joked around, even at 97. When he was speaking, he always had such a tenderness that made me feel like he was speaking right to me, and not giving a talk prepared for the whole body of the church. The second thing I think of is the way he was always encouraging everyone to be better, but never made you feel guilty about where you currently were. He was so optimistic, that after hearing him speak, I always cheerfully resolved to be better and work harder, because if Pres. Hinckley had faith in me, then I could accomplish great things!!

No comments: