Ode to 2007

What a year! I have to say, I think this has been one of our best, and I hope I can still say that every year from here till eternity! So, here is my ode to 2007, and whatever else my ramblings lead me to!
In January the ward split, a new ward was made, and I became YW pres. of Hawes ward. I got one of the hardest and most rewarding challenges of my life! LOVE LOVE LOVE the ladies I work with!
FEBRUARY- JAXON TURNED 1!!!! On the day of his birthday, my (until then very secret) postpartum magically lifted, and for the first time since Jaxon was born, I was able to experience what it is to treasure the moments, love the mishaps, and not be scared all the time. It is one of the happiest memories of my life.
From Feb. on out, life got better and better. I realized how fun, yet still ridiculously challenging it was to be a mom. I began going to the gym on a regular basis and that helped with general wellness inside and out. From here on out there were great highs, and not too many or too difficult lows. I love being a mom, and a wife, and although both are pretty hard to master, I am understanding the phrase “one day at a time” from a brand new perspective.
My goals for this year are to make dinner more often, keep the house looking nice, be more organized, look presentable almost every day, be kind, forgiving, and patient, finish losing the rest of my weight, and to get my mind and body for another pregnancy about a year from now. On that note,…how do I put this nicely??...if I want you to know I am trying to have a baby, I will let you know. And if I am pregnant, I will let you know, otherwise, don’t ask about it!
All in all, 2007 was a fantastic year for me, my family, and my relationships.
HAPPY 2008 to all, and to all a good night!!!

2 comments:

CJB said...

I've been meaning to ask you and Dave when are you going to add #2 to the family? hahahahahaha

Colburns said...

I hope you know that you look absolutely wonderful this year with your working out!