Lets Go Fly a Kite!

Well, today was super fun, but there is a chance that I may will an award for Monday's worst mom! Jaxon woke up at 5:30 and I gave him is bottle to drink in his crib (about 1/2 the time he will go back to sleep) no such luck today, and as usual, he ate no breakfast. So we went to the gym, and then to Amber's house to play and fly a kite (it was a very windy day) At Amber's, Jaxon said he wanted an apple, but got too excited that Kalle went outside without him and chucked it into Amber's living room onto her recliner. He ended up only eating a cookie (Right there, im already in the running for M.W.M. ...) anyway, when Oakley woke up at 11 we all drove to the park to fly the kite. So, as a recap- it is 11 am and Jaxon has had a 5 ounce milk bottle at 5:30, and a cookie at 10. We flew the kite, and the kids played on all the play ground stuff until noon. At which point Jaxon told me he was stinky, which he was...so we decided to go home. Amber offered a diaper so I could change him at the park, but I said No... I would just do it at home. (Offense #2 ...making Jax sit in a stinker for a 20 minute car ride home) On the way hom Jax started screaming bloody murder for a Hamburger and a juice bottle. So, I had no bottle (offense #3- totally unprepared with food for my very skinny boy) so he screamed until we pulled into the Wendy's drive through and he heard me order. He was shouting "Hammy Hammy" to which I was trying to tell him I was just about to get it for him. When I pulled up the window I realized, I didn't have my purse!! So NO MONEY!!! (offense #4-even breaking the law with this one, no money, and no license!) I had to tell the guy sorry, I forgot my money, and drive through with no food! Jaxon was hysterical! He cried the whole way home and I felt like a real shmuck of a parent! By Cried, I mean, could hardly breath he was crying so hard. When we got home I knew how hungry he was, but he was so tuckered out from hysterics that all he could muster was drinking his juice while I changed his diaper, then he just wanted to go to bed. So, at 12:45, Jaxon had had 5 ounces of milk, one cookie, and one juice bottle...and I wonder why he's so skinny...

7 comments:

Juli Chan said...

Hey Ashley! This is Juli Chan (Gremi) from our freshman ward/floor. Just came across your blog and wanted to say hi. Your little boy is so cute!

Juli Chan said...

oh just in case you want to keep in touch: richjuli.blogspot.com

The Hoopers said...

Awe...poor little guy. I've done that before too, and I'm not saying how many times. Ugh! Atleast he's too little to remember it!

Cicily said...

I'm so glad that things like that happen to everyone. You just feel like when it rains it pours. I'm sorry, but I guarantee Jaxon loved his feeding schedule. Who wouldn't love a day of milk and cookies?

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

5:30 am, 5 oz. of milk...10 am, a cookie...12:45, juice box...

I'm writing all this down. It sounds like a great diet! Does it matter what kind of cookie? ;)

You're a great mom btw, for being able to handle everything you just described without purposefully driving your car into a lake!

Brandis said...

awww, Ashley. :) don't feel bad, we've all won that award at one time or another. :)

Hope said...

It's nice to know you're just as normal as the rest of us schmucks...I mean MOMS!