The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

Well, well... Another Christmas come and gone, and every one just gets better. Christmas as a parent really does bring crazy joy to the holiday, and watching Jaxon get so excited even when he doesn't really understand is motherhood at its best! If I had to describe Jaxon's Christmas in one word this year it would be "Elmo" He got an Elmo tooth brush, and Elmo book, and Elmo coloring book, an Elmo hat, and the best of the best- and Elmo doll that sings when you squeeze its tummy! He also got a set of cool blocks (that we had to put together), but doesn't quite understand the physics of stacking largest to smallest yet... oh well...all year to learn! Dave and I scored big time at the family game, snagging such items as Red Lobster, Claim Jumper, Melting Pot, and Black Angus gift cards. We also got a massage at a day spa for me and 6 movie tickets (mostly for Dave). Dave was also SO thoughtful of me this year, and really got me some well thought out gifts...a few of them I told him I wanted, but a few were total surprises and exactly what I wanted. Dave got a new wallet (sorry again about the old one...), a lazer level, and a stud finder. (insert any number of "stud finder" jokes here...) We have spent wonderful time with family, and were lucky enough to get some time with Gr. and Gr. Rogers who came down for a quick trip over the weekend! When they left Jaxon kept repeating, "Where Papa go? Where Papa go?" he has a special love for his Grandpas...even though its his Grammies that dote on him constantly...
Anyway, Im finding it difficult to put into words the joy in my heart. To be loved and to have other to love, that's what it's really all about. I am so blessed in both respects! Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!




4 comments:

THE TAASE'S said...

NOthing like Christmas to put life in perspective huh? Glad you liked your text. I know you can't text back but remembered once when you said that you can receive em. Fas and I scored some Red Lobster gift cards too from our Christmas family dinner. Let's go on a double date....SOON! Laterz, me

p.s. good job on the spelling of Samoan words...you were really close!

Cicily said...

Merry Christmas to you! Looks like it was a happy day.

The Hoopers said...

How fun! I love that about the blocks...been there!!

Flaherty Fam said...

Well, I just found Charlotte's blog, which of course led me to yours. Jaxon is so cute. For us, wrapping paper was Bradock's thrill this year, so maybe what's inside the box will be more appealing next year.