Happy Birthday Dave- sorry about your wallet!


Dec. 7th- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!! (yes thats right, I am now sure of the day of my husband's birthday...there was some time during our dating/marriage that I was sure it was the 6th, but thats another story...and I'm not very good with dates!)
It is great to be here with our own little family together on Dave's big 2-8! Its not often we get to spend his whole b-day together, so we are enjoying it. I smuggled a few gifts for Dave in my suitcase- 2 new dress shirts, a pair of shoes, and present from my mom that consisted of some sweet cash and 8 new pairs of Christmas socks! And for a special treat, I got up and made Jaxon's bottle this morning, even though it as Dave's turn. All in all the morning was turning out great, until we realized that I ran his whole wallet through the wash...oops! A few casualties were his first U2 concert ticket stub, and my school picture that I gave him when we got engaged! (I was teaching fifth grade and the picture turned out well... it was a cheesy declaration of love, 5th grade style!) Jaxon's newborn picture, and a few punch cards from now undistinguishable vendors. It's the actual wallet that is going to be the greatest casualty, though we are waiting on pins and needles to see the actual outcome when it dries. It has been a trusty friend to Dave for 10 good years, and I may have killed it on Dave's birthday, now that's a shame!
In honor of Dave's birthday, I will now highlight some of his finer attributes and/or oddities!
1. Dave can lick his elbow, which is supposed to be humanly impossble! ( I hope no one is around while you are reading this so you can try) He has a love/hate relationship with this little known talent, he's proud to have it, but mortified to have to do it on command, especially in large groups. Please feel free to ask him to do it if you have never seen it!
2. Dave loves Christmas! But he has some very seriously Christmas "rules" such as no looking at, enjoying, or shopping for any Christmas decorations before black Friday. Also, no listening to Christmas tunes until said Friday. Not only are these things not allowed- decor. and music before Thanksgiving makes him downright mad! Also, Christmas should be as tacky, homemade and as heartfelt as possible, no matter how it looks!
3. Dave only missed one college class in all of his 4 years! HOLY CRAP! I think I averaged one a day...but back to Dave. He likes to remind me that I am the reason for that single mar on his otherwise perfect attendance... I was in labor with Jaxon! (And don't worry, he DID contemplate leaving for class and then coming back!)
4. Dave passed all 4 of his ridiculously impossible CPA exams on the first try. The one he was sure he failed, he passed with a 92% (for any knowledgeable geeks out there- it was the tax section, and he's an audit guy, so a 92 is UNHEARD OF!!!!)
5. Dave loves candy! Not chocolately nutty stuff, but the chewy, fruity stuff! He is well known for this love and keeps a candy dish at work for all to enjoy!
6. My parents ADORE Dave! Seriously, in our little families list from favorite to least favorite, I fall a distant third! Dave does dishes, unloads the dishwasher, and fixes their computer on a nearly daily basis. My mom loves Dave's little quirks and keeps him well stocked in Christmas socks and candy for his candy dish- which by the way she bought for him in the first place!
7. Dave can beat anyone in a soda drinking contest. Many a waitress/waiter has commented on his crazy ability to down soda likes its nothing at all! When we stop at Sonic, his 44 ouncer will be finished before we leave the parking lot, and then he will start drinking mine. He can throw back a couple 2-liters without blinking, and when we are at home he doesn't even bother with a cup!
8. Dave has a huge heart. He is so good to me and is blissfully obliviously to my many crazies and quirks. He has never said anything unkind to me, and never raised his voice with me- I'M SERIOUS! He is a wonderful husband!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!

3 comments:

THE TAASE'S said...

Aww...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!! Today is also my brother Scott's birthday, and oddly enough as I was reading all the wonderful qualities you wrote about him Ash, he and Scott sound sooo much alike. Hmmm...you and my SIL, Amy, sure are lucky women to have such wonderful hubby's. Oh, and this is an official challenge extended to Dave to a soda drinking challenge!! I've been known to throw back a few too...lol...seriously though, let's do it. Again happy bday to Dave and good for you finding a gem of a man...isn't it the best!? Aloferz, Tafi

AnnaMarie said...

Happy B-day to Dave...sorry we didn't call. Ashley, that was the nicest blog. Dave really is wonderful, lucky girl. And we love having Dave in the family. I especially enjoy when Tyler and he wrestle, or threaten to.

Clint said...

Dave is so good looking in that picture. I'm thinking about leaving my wife for you, Dave. Sorry I missed saying happy birthday, but that's what guys do. Congrats on smoking the CPA. You are the man.

CLINT