WOO HOO!!!

Let me prefice this, and all other blogs about running with this: I am in no way trying to brag about my running "accomplishments." I am actually in so much shock that I am even trying to "run" at all, because I have hated and avoided it for so long. I am surprised that I can do it at all, so that is why I am so excited. Anyway, that being said... this morning Marie convinced me to go running with her to train for our "big race" we did almost 5 miles. We walked to warm up the 1/2 mile out of the neighborhood, then ran 2 and 2/3 miles with out stopping, then we walked a 1/2 and ran a 1/2 until we got back home. It took us exactly an hour, so I am really looking forward to the 10K. I know it will be hard, but it will be worth it. My only real "injury" concern, is that my left knee cap feels kind of...wobbly, for lack of better word. It feels like it comes kind of loose when I run, and then sits a little too low when I'm done. It doesnt exactly "hurt" it just feels...wrong. Any suggestions, hints or diagnosis would be much appreciated!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Good for you-- you're doing awesome! About your knee-- you can get those supporters from any sports store-- that might help. When I first started "running" (because technically, I'm still a jogger), I had a lot of weird ankle pain, but it has gone away as I have trained and my muscles have gotten stronger and used to the impact. Runnersworld.com has some good injury and training advice also. Good luck!!

Momma Malia said...

great job ashley. keep it up. sometimes when you're leg muslces are weak or out of balance, it pulls on your knee cap. maybe try lunges, which are good for all your leg muscles.

michelle said...

I've had the same knee thing... I'd take some pain meds (like Advil) but it didn't stop the problem altogether.

I've had two friends around my age who've had knee surgery last year so it really freaks me out now. And both are in better shape then me.

Hope said...

Ashley! I snuck onto your blog off of a link from Misti Hooper's! Jaxon's pictures are so stinkin' cute! He's changed since I saw him all those months ago when we were still "Mesa-nites". I miss you! Glad to see you are doing well--AMAZING that you are training for a 10K...you are DA WOMAN! I'm gonna take a peek on your blog every now and then so I can keep up on you. You should check out mine--it's on blogger as well. It's not as adorable as yours, but at least it will keep you posted.

Love you!
Hope Taft