WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!

WOW- this is one of those days, that has just been good, no,...GREAT all around!! The day started out normal as ever, up at 6:45, step class at the gym, and Jaxon down for a nap. Then I tracked my very very VERY exciting package that I was pretty sure was coming today! (my new DSLR Canon Rebel xti with lots of fun extras!!!!!!) It was on its way! Well, I also needed to go shopping at Forever 21 (thanks Kate and Haleigh for the idea) becuase although so many people offered SO MANY cute clothing options, none of them fit quite right, looked quite right on me, etc. So, here-in lies the dilemma. I needed to go shopping, but I would have to be home to sign for my camera. I waited until 2 and then decided I just had to go. It was more important to have something to wear to the party than to have my camera today. Anyway- I found a darling outfit, that is SOOOOO not me, but hey, live a little right? (Maroon floaty bubble dress-strapless, with a way cute little black shrug over it) So shopping was a success, which when looking for the "perfect outfit", is blessing enough, but then I rushed home, hoping against the odds to beat UPS. Well, here is where it really gets good! As I was going to turn in the first entrance to our neighborhood, a little thought popped into my head...if the UPS truck had come, it would most likely leave through the other entrance/exit. So I kept driving, went in the neighborhood...AND GUESS WHO WAS ON HIS WAY OUT????? IF you guessed the UPS truck, you have been following along VERY WELL!!! I flagged him down and asked if he had tried to deliver a package to my address, he said yes, I begged him to give it to me, and HE SAID YES!!!! I GOT MY CAMERA!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!! So, I now have a ton of things to learn how to attach and use, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!! The battery is charging as we speak, and then, its hands on learning for me! Poor Dave, he is going to be very lonely as I plug through the users manual! I will upload photos that I take as soon as I'm not embarrassed at how they turn out, and I will upload some photos from tomorrow night if I remember to have someone take a few!!!
HOOORAY FOR TODAY!!!!!

3 comments:

Momma Malia said...

Awesome! I want a new camera! Clint wants to know if you're mad at him for not going to the reunion. He said high school was really hard for him...it's taken him 10 year to get over the humiliation of being such a dork!! j/k. Honestly, Brailyn was sick all weekend and we barely made it to the Wyeths. But we're glad that it turned out so well!!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I have been dying for a Rebel of my own! I want all your user ratings once you've had a chance to learn it's functions. Where did you get it? How much did you get it for (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm SUCH a nerd when it comes to new toys (especially electronic ones) and photography has always been a secret wannabe hobby of mine. So pass on the review!

Haleigh said...

Fun! If you need any help with your camera, give me a buzz. I know that camera like it's one of my apendages!

Haleigh