10 years flew by

Another great idea I am stealing from Cicily! Since my 10 year reunion is coming up this Oct. I thought this stroll down memory lane was quite fitting.

~~~MY SENIOR YEAR~~~

1. Who were your best friends? Emily, Dana, Rachelle, Mindy, Tammy, Erin, Brian...
I spent a lot of time with my "Oh-So-Serious" boyfriend...I guess Hind-sight is 20/20 on that one eh?

2. What sports did you play?
Basketball, Volleyball, and I hurdled on the track team. I know thats a funny picture since I'm short-legged and stubby, but I wasn't half bad.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
Black Jeep Grand Cherokee

4. On a Friday nights what were you doing?
Friday night I worked concessions at Freestone park, Sat. was "date night"

5. Were you a party animal?
No

6. Were you considered a flirt?
No- not enough confidence for that!

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
negative


8. Were you a nerd?
I like to think not... I mean, I did take what one might call "nerd classes" and have what one might call "nerdy friends in those classes" and I did spend a lot of time on homework, but no- lets say that I was NOT a nerd!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
heck no, I wouldnt have lived to see daylight


10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Never knew it to begin with... but I can sing the BYU fight song, (to Dave's ever-lasting mortification!)

11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mrs. Garcia honors 11th grade English

12. Where did you sit during lunch?
I ate at the tables with my girlfriends, then hung out outside with my boyfriend


13. Name the school full name?
Highland High School

14. School mascot?
Hawk

15. School Colors?
Black and Teal

16. Rival high school?
Gilbert High School


17. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, and I had a good time!

18. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Heck NO!!!! Way too much drama


19. What do you remember most about graduation?
That the girl that had a major crush on my boyfriend ran out into the isle after he got his diploma, and threw herself into his arms for a giant bear hug. For the record, she is now a stripper...I saw her on myspace while doing some work for our 10 year reunion!

20. Where did you go senior skip day?
The lake

21. Favorite memory?
The Steve Miller Concert with the girls, then TP-ing through the night

22. Were you in any clubs?
Yes...the extra mile club...doesn't that sound nice?

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?
We couldnt leave, so nowhere

24. Have you gained some weight since then?
Who put this stupid question in here anyways???

25. Who was your Senior prom date?
Brian

26. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion?
Yes- and all you other Highland 97 grads should too!!!

27. Who was your home room teacher?
I didn't have a home-room, what is that?

28. Who will re-post this after you?
KATE, NO QUESTION, KATE WILL DO IT!


29. Who was your high school sweetheart?
Brian was my senior year "love"

30. Do you still talk to people from high school?
Yes, one of my best friends married my brother!

31.Did you win prom queen or king?
No, but here's a funny story. The guy who did win prom king had been my boyfriend over the summer, but we had to break up because he was seminary president and he wasnt "supposed" to have a girlfriend. Then 2 months into the year he started dating someone very seriously, who of course ended up being prom-queen- where's the love???

32. Where did you work in high school?
State Farm (thanks DAD!), Gilbert park and rec- Freestone park, Gilbert Pool Mesquite Pool, Diamond Shamrock Gas station for 3 days until I got fired...but that's another story...

33. what were your grades?
They were good!

34. What was your dress style?
Style? If I don't have any now, I certainly didn't have any then!

35. What year did you graduate
1997

Okay, here's the challenge, conjure up your best ( and worst!) highschool memories and Post this survey!!!

4 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

I'm only going to post this because I can't go to my 10 year reunion. What does that mean that I, of all your friends, would post this?

Ashby said...

That was a great survey Ashley! I'll have to post that on mine too. I can't believe its been 10 years since we started at BYU....where the heck did all the time go?! BTW, I need your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog. Email me at ashbyhatch AT yahoo.com!

Cicily said...

It's so interesting to hear your high school story. I guess everyone had their own things going on. I was not a flirt, was I? Are you mistaking me for Lenor? Oh, Brian. Have you ever made contact with him since college? High school dating is so funny.

ThePalmers said...

That was so cute sis- I think I will do it even though I am only five years out of highschool!! Hey, do you still want to go to singing time at the mall on thursday?