AS IT TURNS OUT....

Okay, you should probably sit down...because as it turns out, WE ARE ACTUALLY HAVING A BOY!!!!
No, this is NOT a joke!
No, this was NOT an elaborate scheme to trick people!
There is a very plausible, and very humorous story, and here it goes-

Friday night, I was feeling A LOT of cramping in my belly. My lower back was killing me, and I was sicker than usual...and I was COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT!
Dave told me to just go to the ER and get everything checked out ,because he knew everything was fine, but he knew I would not sleep until I KNEW it too!
  So I went to the new little Rinky Dink Gilbert Hospital on Power and Ray because they have billboard that says "Door to Dr. in LESS THAN 30 minutes"  I just wanted to KNOW what was going on as soon as possible. 
Looooooong story short ( at least this part of the story...)  Everything WAS/IS TOTALLY FINE!  The baby is fine, I am fine, everything is good.  During the Ultrasound at the ER, the ultrasound tech (Who was clearly a complete IDIOT!) told me I was having a girl!

FAST FORWARD TO FRIDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT WHEN I GOT HOME FROM THE ER....

Dave and I decided NOT to tell anyone I had been at the ER. We didn't want anyone overly worried.  So we just kept our little "girl" a secret, because I was going in to have my ultrasound on the following Monday. (This past Monday) 
 
I was still so excited for my ultrasound, and Monday morning about 2 hours before it was scheduled, the Dr's office called and cancelled, because the Ultrasound tech was sick. I was pretty sad, but since I already "knew the gender" and was dying to tell, I told Dave I was just going to act as if I had gone to my Ultrasound so I could start telling, and STILL would not have to tell anyone I went to the ER.

FAST FORWARD TO TODAY, THURSDAY AT 1:30 AT MY RESCHEDULED ULTRASOUND...

CONGRATULATIONS...IT"S A BOY!!!!  I was shocked, I laughed pretty much the rest of the Ultrasound, and I promise this is true- I couldn't stop grinning!
Yes, I was SO SO SO EXCITED to think I was having a girl.
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT?  I HAVE A HEALTHY BOY IN THERE THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME!  He is Mine, and I couldn't be happier!  Shocked, yes, but happy!

I had the Ultrasound tech show us his goods about 10 time (Dave can tell you, that's not even an exaggeration!) and there is no question, our little boy is ALL BOY! 

So don't feel bad for me. No "I'm sorrys" or "maybe next times"  OUR LITTLE BOY IS LISTENING, AND I HOPE HE IS AS THRILLED TO BE WITH US AS WE ARE TO BE HAVING HIM!!!

                        IT'S A BOY!!!!

6 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Completely awesome story. And it does feel right that Jaxon's going to have a little brother. Love the name Cooper too! (Though I must tell you, in this family it may or may not be dangerous to name him something that rhymes with Pooper. Just sayin'.) I love you guys!

Arian said...

Oh my goodness! That is seriously a hilarious story that you will get to tell for years to come. I LOVE having my boys. There is something so fun about being a mom to boys. They are your little boyfriends! Congrats!

PB&J said...

Favorite.. FAVORITE of all!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh! That's insane! Well, I'm sorry because I know how happy I was to find out that Lennix was a girl after already having a boy, but at the same time I also know what it feels like to wait and wait and wait for a baby, and you just don't care if it's a fish at that point. So congrats. And honestly, Lennix is a little monster and Zaylin is my sweet sweet boy. I wouldn't mind having 10 more of him!

Kelly said...

Ashley,

For some reason as soon as I read the title of your post on my sidebar something inside of me said "It's a boy." I opened it and even then scanned with my eyes to read that it was a boy, I just knew!! (by your title of course :))I am just as excited for you to have a boy. I have always said it is so fun and important for boys to have brothers and girls to have sisters. Jax will LOVE having a buddy and having a brother. I loved this post too, you have certainly been patient and Heavenly Father knows EXACTLY what he is doing with this new little blessing, boy or girl, it's meant to be!!!

Katie Moore said...

Hi,
I just had a quick question in regards to your website. If you could email me at your convenience that would be great!

Thanks,
Katie