The Money Shot

Our trip to Wyoming was FAB-U-LOUS! Yes, you read that right.

We went to Wyoming,
and it was fabulous.

Quite possibly one of the best vacations of my life. I guess when you become a parent, it's the little things, and the little ones, that make a big difference. Jaxon had the time of his life, of course, because of his plethera of cousins! And I mostly loved it for the same reason! The people I love more than anything in the world were there. Even when they are cranky, or stubborn (or...gasp....I am cranky or stubborn...) There is no one I would rather be with than my sweet boys, my parents, my brothers and sisters, and my brother and sisters in law!

Darn it- it's just the truth!


There were so many fun things for Jaxon (and us) to do, and to be honest, to be in a slow livin', down home town...where we could mozey down main street to see EVERYTHING in town, and where my cell phone rarely worked...it totally took me away from the stress and hustle and bustle of crazy town USA that is my life in Mesa!

I have a ton of pictures, and lots to tell, but let me just leave you with this little story-

As soon as we decided to go to Wyoming, "where Cowboys and horses live" Jaxon wanted a cowboy hat in the worst way. So, being the over indulgent parent of a single child, I quickly conceded. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life when he wears that hat.
THE.
CUTEST.
THING.
PERIOD.

Then, he started saying, "Howdy Pardner" several times a day...and the little part of my heart that was not already mush...melted on the spot! I kept my "big" camera with me almost everywhere we went in Wyoming(and broke my favorite purses' strap because of it) I took several pictures that I love, but these my friends...these that I am about to show you, were what I was waiting for.

THE MONEY SHOT.

And I am going to print one of them for a 12x12 in my house. But which one?








Get ready for it...







no really....





are you sitting down....??







Once you catch your breath and wipe that last tear from your eye, tell me....which one do I print?


(Also tell me, where did he get that innocent little half smile from? seriously.)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Ashley!!! Oh how darling! I love it. Although I did look at them all several times and went back and forth, I think my final vote is the top two. The question is black and white or color. Black and white goes with the cowboy theme so well but with Jaxon's eyes and that lighting you captured how do you not print the color???? What to do... let me know what you decide. You are awesome and I love you dearly!!!

AnnaMarie said...

The first one. :)

Amy said...

last 2 are my favorite. Almost prefer bw due to looking older/western.

Emily Ferrell said...

I love the last 2. I am a fan of color but I think the black and white is nice too. He did look absolutely adorable in that hat.

Marie said...

Hard to decide, but I think the first one in color. Glad you had a great trip!

Momma Malia said...

first one. totally. sounds like my kind of vacation!

The Ferrells said...

Choose any one and make me an 8 x 10 to take to China!!

August and Melissa said...

um i like the last 2 but it's a hard decision-color or bw???