Jaxons 5th Birthday- Post 1

I'm only a few weeks late with these posts, so all in all, I think I'm doing pretty well. So the morning of Jaxon's birthday he woke up in his amazing new bed. We played in there for a while, Then we hurried to Fry's for a birthday donut and a few brownie mixes! We made brownies, (Jaxon only wanted brownies, no cake or cupcakes..FINE BY ME!!!!) and gathered all our Spiderman decor, food, drinks, and games and headed to the park. I didn't get any pictures of set up, but it was great!

Jaxon had been asking for over 6 months to have a "cousins" birthday party. With no siblings, he really, truly, honest too goodness, loves his cousins as if they were his brothers and sisters. (And occasionally fights with them as such as well!) He was particularly concerned that is dear cousin from California might not be able to make it, but guess what? My brother and SIL and Aurora all came out for the whole weekend! Just one of the many many special touches that made the weekend perfect!

I will insert here, that I am very VERY grateful to ALL my brothers and sisters and spouses that gave up a whole Saturday to come celebrate with us. Everyone is privy to the fact that we sure wish we had more "immediate" family for Jaxon, and every single person does their best to show him immense amounts of love. It is not lost on this tenderhearted momma, and if it is possible, makes me even more grateful for my amazing family!

When everyone arrived we had pizza, breadsticks, chips, water, soda, veggies- the works! Here is cousin Jonathon in his sweet new wheels! And boy can he drive!

For about an hour the kids just played like happy little maniacs. Somehow, for this day, everyone got along! I'm serious. Every parent there got to sit and chat with every other parent. No tears, complaints, tattles (that I can remember, but I was feeling a bit euphoric...) One thing I just loved?! All the kids played in their party hats, it was SO FESTIVE!



After pizza and playing, Jaxon was ready to dive into his brownies and PRESENTS! Everyone was so thoughtful, and really couldn't have gotten Jaxon better gifts. We were truly so grateful at every one's kindness.

All the kids gobbled down their brownies, but none faster than Jaxon! Why? because he knew what was next...GAMES! He had hand picked all the games we were going to play, and he was so excited, but that my friends who again made it through this long post, is for another day!


SO instead I will leave you with a few of my favorite shots-
Jaxon and his best buddy Hailey-

Here is Jaxon showing off his two newly acquired and much acclaimed new tricks- the fireman's pole, and the monkey bars!


Come one- even with that missing tooth of his, and that cheesy pose and grin - he is a HANDSOME LITTLE DEVIL!!!


And lest we forget...Dad's like the swings too!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun-filled day.
Jaxon is growing up beautifully. He's a serious cutie. Great job, guys!
But I think the best parts about Jaxon are on the inside. He's so sweet and funny and playful. We love watching him grow up, even if it's only via blog.
Love you guys.
Oh, and Happy Birthday, Jaxon!

Sarah said...

Oh, and I'm still waiting for pics on Jaxon's new bed (with the slide). Any chance we'll see those pics soon?

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome! I'm so sad we weren't there...what a perfect day to celebrate Jaxon!