Our Big trip Part 2- DisneyLand!!

Hurray! Disney was awesome! Jaxon is big enough for all the "big" rides now, and he never looked back! Dave and I were in heaven, because everywhere Jax wanted to go, we wanted to go too! (except Star Tours...that made me SO SICK!...my stomach is NOT what it used to be...)
Jaxone woke up at 4:55 the first morning at Disneyland. I staggered out, got him some pretzels and turned on the Disney channel. We don't get it at home, so it kept him occupied without coming back in until about 6:45- HURRAY!


Jaxon waiting (impatiently!) for the tram!
Jaxon's permanent marker tattoo that we reapplied every night. Best idea EVER if I do say so myself! Several moms stopped us and told us what a great idea it was, one even asked if she could borrow our marker! (still on, even today at church...)


Waiting for Haunted Mansion- J couldn't get enough, he loves a "thrill" and we went on it at least 12 times!



Buzz Lightyear! Another one of Jaxon's favorites which was just fine with Dave and I! We are slightly (read: shockingly!) competitive, and loved to see who got the higher score. We found that whoever had the front car (in front of the other person) usually won...except Dave beat me a couple times from the back- good times!


Finding Nemo. Interesting, but also made me a little nauseated. We were in line next to a big Malaysian group of adults, who thought Jaxon was the cutest and most hilarious thing ever. Of course he ate it up!



Here is Jaxon waiting for Jedi Training. He was very excited to go up and do training...BEFORE we actually got to Disneyland. When we actually got to the training area, he was back and forth as to whether or not he even wanted to try and go up. Dave and I convinced (mildly forced...) him to hold up his sign, and of course he was the 2nd one picked. (doesn't he look excited?)


He was excited to have his light sabor and cape...but when Darth Vader and Darth Maul came out, he hit the road on the double! He didn't even stay to use his fight sequence against darth. He said, "I liked it. I was just a little too tired!" What a funny boy...

Playing in the "O" of California Adventure-


Waiting in line for Tower of Terror. Jaxon LOVED this ride! At first it was just because it made him feel so brave, but by our fifth ride (yes 5) he had his hands up in the air the whole time, and he loved Screaming along with the other pansies...except he wasn't scared, he just thought it was funny!

Jaxon got a little lonely in the early (EARLY) mornings, so he decided to redress himself. He tied his pajama pants on the his head and put his legs in his shirt. Extra Points for creatively...and awesome orange pj pants!

The second day at Disneyland Jaxon slept in until 5:25- A MIRACLE! Again he watched TV until about 6:30, so we felt pretty well rested.

The last morning there he came into our room at 4AM!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? He seemed wide awake, and I squated down to talk to him.

He said, "MOM!!! Did you know there are all types of crabs in the ocean, even some that don't bite???"

...the kid was so excited I didn't even know what to make of it.

I said, "That's great buddy...but it is WAAAAAYYY to early to be awake."

I had him use the potty and go back to bed. I just knew he wasn't going to go back to sleep, but can you believe it- he didn't wake up again until 6:25!!! WHAT THE...??? What a great rest! Later that day he told me, "Mom! Did you know Oakley (his cousin) told me that story about crabs in my dream, and I JUST HAD TO WAKE UP AND TELL YOU Isn't that Awesome?!?!?" Funny boy!

We were quite proud of ourselves at Disneyland as well. We packed in LOTS of snacks, drinks and sandwiches everyday. So Day one At Disneyland we bought - one churro for Jaxon. Day two we bought 2 frozen lemonades. Day three we went crazy and bought one frozen lemonade, one pretzel with Cheese, and Jaxon's one toy that he got to pick out...which only cost $16 bucks!!! What a steal!

The ride home was like the ride home always is...too long, with everyone too tired...and tempers a little shorter than they were on the way there. It really wasn't too bad, and we made it home with no problems.

That week worked miracles. I feel so much better and I'm ready for real life.

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I loved reading about your trip! It'll be fun to take Katie there when she's a little older...it's fun that Jaxon can go on all the rides that you want to go on! I'm glad you guys had such a nice trip.

Mother said...

I'm glad you had a great time, but even happier that you are home--I missed you all.