Jaxon Says...

1. Jaxon has decided that every nightly prayer should include some Spanish. The only problem, he doesn't know Spanish! So sometimes he will say one "sentence" in nonsense, or sometimes he will whisper to Dave "How do you say ______ in Spanish?" Dave will help him, but let's be honest...it still sounds like nonsense!

Jaxon has a real problem with tattling on Dave to me. Somehow he got in his head that I am the "Big Boss" and Daddy is next in line. So frequently during the day Dave will tell him something and he will say, "Mom! Is that true?" or Dave will ask him to do something and Jax will say, "Mom! Do I have to do that?" he knows he gets in trouble for telling on Dave to me, so it is slowing down....but he just can't seem to stop.
Well, last night before prayer, Dave was teasing Jaxon about something, and J didn't like it. Jaxon turned to tattle on Dave and I was giving him "the look." He knew I wouldn't listen to tattling about joking around and that I would say he needed to tell Dave if he didn't like it, so he thought for a second and said, "Mom, Daddy just made fun of the prophets! He called them a "slock" and said he didn't want to follow them!"
While we did have to have a talk about lying, Dave and I were trying not to let him see us laugh. Lying aside, I guess we are doing something right when he thinks the best way to get someone in trouble is to say that they don't love the prophet!

3. Jaxon has his first talk today. I am really excited, and I think he is too. We wrote his talk and then recorded my voice saying it on the computer. We listened to it several times a day so he could start memorizing it, and when he was pretty good, we started using pictures from the Gospel library to help him remember. I show a picture and he remembers what he is supposed to say. It is the cutest thing ever, and I hope that he doesn't get any stage fright today. I would love for him to be able to say most of his talk by looking at the pictures we are showing, and with very little whispering in his ear from me. My favorite part though, is at the end. He just was supposed to say that he loves Heavenly Father and Jesus, but he ad-libs every time. It's like the beginning of his little testimony coming through. He says something a little different every time, but it's usually about a warm feeling, or choosing the right! He also ad-libs a little about Joseph Smith. It's pretty funny because he just tries to through in as many "gospel" words as possible and sometimes he veers a little from the actual truth!
...I will let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

So cute. What a little man he is!

Kelly said...

Ashley:
Jaxon is seriously SO funny! His personality reminds me A LOT of Parker at the age. The stinkers standing up and the urine all over story made me dy laughing. What a sweet little personality he has and throw in some humor he is just like his mom. I have found it's the smart ones that give us trouble! He's going to be a smarty pants...I just know it! :)

Sherri Macdonald said...

I'm gonna miss it cause i'll be reading books in the nursery. I'm sure he will do great. thanks for setting such a great example.

Jason and Kate said...

How funny! Man, I would never be able to keep a straight face with him around. It's like the "bad" student that you really need to punish but you can't help but laugh. Watch out teacher!

Sarah said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear how his talk went.
And that was a super awesome idea to record your voice saying it so he can hear it over and over. Brilliant.
I love Jaxon stories. I can't wait to tell Matt about Jaxon telling on Dave.
Hilarious. Keep on keeping us posted on the awesomeness that is aka Jaxon.


Oh, and BTW, hubba-hubba on your pic up top.
Woohoo! That is a seriously awesome picture of you guys kissing. And I love that Jaxon's covering his face.
Classic.
Fabulous.
Love you guys.

fish said...

i can't believe dave called the prophets a slock. so rude. what is a slock, by the way?

Trish said...

Can't hardly wait for those kind of things with my little guy! All the best to ya'll!