Operation: "Be a Better ______" (insert noun here)

It has begun. Operation Be a Better Mom, Wife, Housekeeper, Cook, Health-person, etc.
In keeping with my "prioritize" goal, I made myself a weekly job chart and a weekly dinner chart. I am half way through with today's chores, and our "Deceptively Delicious" meal has been mostly prepared in advance, because I had to steam carrots and sweet potatoes to mash in the processor to hide in meatballs...here's hoping!
Turns out- this house wife stuff takes a LONG TIME! Except for the gym this morning I've been working all day and I'm not even half done with my list....plus all the steaming and mashing I did in the kitchen just made ANOTHER mess to clean up! I guess I can kiss my free-flying life goodbye...on the other hand...I can see why my life and everything in it was so disorganized! Jax and I spending so much time away from home didn't leave a lot of time for these things!
I am hoping that after a week or two of slaving away around here at my different chores, will make them easier as I go along. I will deep clean everything in the next couple weeks, and then it will just be maintance.. right? (Don't tell me if I'm wrong, I can't handle it this early in my attempts!!). I'm also hoping it will help me be more organized along the way thinking- I can do it now and take 30 seconds...or add that much more time to my cleaning when the day comes that I'm doing that zone!
Off to change some laundry, clean a bathroom, clean the kitchen-again, and a shower might be nice...especially since I went to the gym...but since it's not specifically mentioned on my job chart, I'm thinking it's not gonna happen!

5 comments:

The Ferrells said...

Add a shower to the job chart, it will help you feel so much better. I think you will see positive results before you know it--

Valerie: said...

hang in there girl...yes doing house work takes all day. I am a home body and so I prefer it but i understand cause my sister is not and she is always gone like you and hates cleaning her house. I can watch Jaxon if you need more time cause i know how little ones can make things go a lot slower when they are always interrupting! Good luck and Once u get on a routine it will be a piece of cake!

Sherri Macdonald said...

I find that as long as I don't make myself crazy thinking I have to get everything done in a day, then I don't get so burned out on it. It can feel great to accomplish so much, but remember to work in the "me" time or you will never make it a habit. I do certain chores on certain days and give myself a break whenever I need it or my boys need it. Remember that there will always be laundry and dishes, but not those fun moments. Take time to smell the roses...or take a shower. It'll make your day and the day of anyone you come in contact with!

AnnaMarie said...

Sounds good! Caroline and I were just talking about this today: it seems like we should be able to get more done in a day, but with all the little cleaning jobs, feeding kids, and picking up toys, it takes a lot of effort to get anything past that done! You'll do great! Wish I were there to help you! And yes, add little things to your to-do list. Brush teeth. Brush Jaxon's teeth. You'll feel good when you see lots of checked boxes.

ThePalmers said...

Way to go Sis- You're great! Oh Yeah- can you add clean Amber's house to the job chart? Mine has been suffering lately.