I feel so....old!

No, not because my 31st birthday is a week away (But thanks for reminding me...) but because I will be a 31 year old in a college class! YIKES!!! But I am officially signed up- TEC 110 Sewing Basics at MCC. Monday mornings from 8-11:50. Perfect with Jaxon's preschool schedule (with a little tiny bit of babysitting trading with Malia) and I will even be in the same building as him.
I don't know if my mom is "pleased as can be" that I am finally showing some interest in basic homemaking skills, or "completely mortified" that her 31 year old daughter can't sew a lick (and boy can my mom sew!!!!) and after 2 years of sewing classes when I was 10 and 11, I still don't know the first thing about sewing machines, and am now paying someone to teach me all over again! Here goes nothing! I look forward to sewing all sorts of "neat" projects like pillow cases, night gowns, and pot holders!

8 comments:

Trish said...

Hey I think there might have been a misunderstanding with my latest post. I was more meaning that I have less sympathetic feelings for women who plan a c-section without a real need for it. If it is an emergency or like in your case, a super long never ending labor then I feel differently about it. I think doctors are there for a reason but don't need to be overused. Hopefully that makes better sense and is less offensive to you.

Lizzie said...

Hey, I might be getting a sewing machine for christmas, and I have been wanting to take a sewing class....so i'll let you know soon. That would be so fun!

AnnaMarie said...

Cool!

ThePalmers said...

I am thrilled--you're just a late bloomer!!

The Ferrells said...

I wrote that comment and somehow it got attributed to Amber. I guess my computer skills are slipping more than I thought!! mom

Celeste Caldwell said...

That is so awesome, what a great idea!! I'm with ya, I had sewing lessons when I was 10 and I stink at the sewing machine. I think that sounds so fun!! Keep us updated on the fun things you sew in class.

Momma Malia said...

i'm totally with you on the can't sew a lick part! sometimes i think, 'wouldn't it be fun to make costumes, aprons, dresses and dress up stuff for brailyn?' then i remember that my sisters sew, and i can usually find cute stuff at target! good luck in your class!!

michelle said...

I LOVE YOUR CHRISTMAS CARD PHOTO! Just darling.