My Growing Garden!

I never cease to be amazed!

Remember this-

Now it is this---


I've learned that when my sister says the garden should be in full sun, she's right. Also that when she says you should water it EVERY DAY, you shouldn't forget for the first two days after it is planted. Thus, my row on the far right closest to the fence is too shaded. It doesn't seem to be bothering my zucchini any, but I don't think my little spinach plants are going to make it.

Also, I think the not watering killed all the carrot seeds so the two empty spaces you see were supposed to be carrots. We were going to replant, and heck, we still might, but Amber and I just haven't had the time.

Most of my plants are flowering, and I'm pretty sure that's a good sign-

Tomato flowers-





Bell Pepper flowers-





Zucchini flower-


And the MOST AMAZING THING I just noticed today while watering-

Look at the tiny little vine on this Cucumber plant-



Now look at the close up-


How does it know how to do that? And HOW DID IT DO IT? I wish I knew how long it took to wrap itself around the string, and how long it has been there.
Oh How I love my garden!
(PS- all my herbs are thriving and I've used all but the cilantro in my cooking!)

4 comments:

ThePalmers said...

That just warms my heart!

The Ferrells said...

I can see who will be handing out zucchini--not me! Could I have some? besides too much water, the grandkids keep running into mine--

AnnaMarie said...

You have quite the green thumb, I see. Good thing Jaxon doesn't need watering! I wish I was there to have one of those gardens!

Trish said...

My garden is kind of dying, except for the herbs- especially the basil is growing out of control! I forgot to offer some basil to the ladies that came over last night for a baby shower I threw my friend. Oops.
Anyway, my cucumber plant did the exact same thing except to all the other plants. It didn't turn out to be a good thing in my case. And then it cross polinated with the tomatoes so my cucumbers were orange. I kept waiting for them to change color but they never did. Then I tried one and it tasted like a cucumber. Weird, though.