I came, I saw, I pledged my heart out!

Good news- I did not botch the pledge and it went really well this morning!
Bad news- Senator McCain was not there yet. boo...

I actually had a dream last night where I met him after the pledge and we started talking and he let me do a photoshoot of his family. The white house photographer(apparently he was president in my dream) came too and gave me all sorts of great pointers. It was awesome.

I really enjoyed hearing him speak. He didn't mince any words or try to tread lightly on any touchy subjects like abortion and the healthcare plan. It was refreshing. It also got me really pumped to be more involved. He said people really need to be writing letters and getting involved in town hall meetings, that it really does make a difference!

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Glad it went well! And funny dream. :)

Tyler said...

You should have demanded a re-do once he showed up. You didn't practice for 2 weeks just to waste the pledge on a group of no-names!

ThePalmers said...

Way to go Sis!

The Ferrells said...

Love Tyler's comment. My feeling exactly--