through new eyes

Apparently living in Provo as a college student, I didn't take time to notice the gorgeous weather, beautiful scenery, and idyllic easy lifestyle that many enjoy here. We got in yesterday night and first headed over to my Aunt and Uncles house. My parents chatted with them, while Jaxon and I played outside (OUTSIDE!!!) in the lush green grass (LUSH GREEN GRASS!!!) for an hour (AN HOUR!!!) It was perfect, gorgeous, fun, cool, breezy, and did I mention perfect??? If Jaxon asks me to play outside in Arizona, mostly I just flat refuse. If I'm feeling crazy and actually agree, we are outside for 10 minutes, all 10 of which I am hating. And at the end of which we are both drenched in sweat, red in the face, and dying of dehydration. Here...I could have stayed outside all night and played with Jaxon...now that is the life!
Also, this morning when Jaxon woke up at 5:30 (YES, 5:30!!) and by 8:30 had had enough of watch cartoons and being quiet so as not to wake my parents, we went for a nice long walk to the stadium/cougar! IT WAS GORGEOUS! Sunny, breezy, and that perfect temperature that is neither hot nor cold.
Noonish we went to a canyon park with a college friend of mine and our boys just played and played. It was a little warm, but totally doable! And we were both sitting in the sun for pete sake!
Anyway...I'm not planning on picking up and moving here any time soon...but the thought is better than it used to be!!!

9 comments:

Momma Malia said...

i totally agree with you. we visited last summer and it was so nice to be outside in the evening. and everyone was complaining that it was hot!! those wimps! enjoy the rest of your week!!

ThePalmers said...

Go back in February... you might change your mind! :) I'm glad you're having fun!

AnnaMarie said...

Uh, you need to move out of Arizona. Even in the winter it's too hot. Come see how Minnesota is! Seriously, you're invited.

Sarah said...

Oh yeah, it's so nice to go on a trip and experience fabulous weather.
I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves so much.
Can't wait to play in the sun with you!

Trish said...

My thoughts exactly!

Brandis said...

That's pretty much how I feel about Idaho now too. It took moving to Arizona to make me appreciate the summers in Idaho, but I sure as heck don't miss the winters!

The Gentry's said...

You are making me home sick. I miss the crisp summer nights in Utah and cooler summer days. Although the winter months make up for it here!!

Roger and Stephnie said...

How long are you in town for? It would be fun to get together! I'm glad you're enjoying it here! I hope the rain doesn't drive you crazy!

amya said...

I didn't know you were in UT! It would be fun to see you and Jaxon, but I know how vacations go, especially if there's lots of people to see. Have fun in this awesome weather and if we don't see you this week we'll see you at the end of the month!