More Vegas Highlights

We are back from Vegas...which I have mixed feelings about. Dave jokingly said yesterday, "We should just put you on a plane and have Jax and I stay a few more days." I didn't think anything of it, but getting home and seeing how much I still have to do (edit 7--yes that's right 7 shoots, prepare for launch at the gym which is in 2 weeks, get the house ready for bunco this Friday, and teach 5 classes...) I think he may have been serious, and I think I should have taken him up on it. It erks Jaxon to no end to have me home, but upstairs working on the computer where he can't come. If I'm downstairs, he couldn't care less and mostly ignores me, but upstairs- yikes!
Anyway, Vegas was perfect and relaxing, and here are a few more highlights- Naps, any time! Delicious healthy food. Jaxon playing with his 5 girl cousins. Now- normally I would be wishing there were more boys for him to play with, but these girls are tough, and they really love Jaxon. I think they harrassed him at least as much as he to them, and everyone enjoyed it. They still seem to think that Jaxon should be about 12 months old, so they try to carry him around and snuggle him-and he doesn't mind too much. He thinks that they should play like boys and tackles and grabs them, and they don't mind too much either!
Jaxon also learned a new word, which he used continually- "Tardy." In his "No David" book (which is calls his "No David Rogers" book), David goes to school and is tardy. We talked about what tardy meant, and while he knew it meant late, he liked to use it more like a put down- "HAHA! Grandpa, you're Tardy! HAHA- Grandpa's Tardy!!!" (pretty funny)

And my favorite story from Las Vegas- during Easter dinner with a lot of us there,
Jaxon said, "I'm getting down!"
Me: " Sorry Jaxon, it's not time to leave the table yet!"
Jaxon: "But this chair is hurting my bottom!"
Me: (assuming that was a lame excuse) "That chair is NOT hurting your bottom!"
Jaxon: (Hopped down without permission and ran away) "YES IT IS!!!"
Me: "Oh, well, maybe it was because you were sitting on your fork!"
Jaxon: (coming back to look) "...I wondered where that was..."

3 comments:

The Ferrells said...

I am so glad you all had a relaxing time, but am also glad Dave and Jaxon accompanied you home. Life alone is no fun--

Brit said...

funny funny fork story!

Sarah said...

I absolutely love Jaxon stories.
My fav line was his last one about wondering where his fork had been.
Classic.
Hilarious.
Wish we could've played with you in Vegas.
Well, at least our summer trip is coming relatively soon.