Part 2- First morning in Tianjin

This is the city where my parents live- Tianjin. The first morning we got up and I got to run to the market with my dad on the back of his 3-wheeler motorbike. QUITE the adventure! (Let's just say Chinese Shocks are a little shocking...) I even got to switch and drive him home after we got on campus. I had a better appreciation for how well my dad was actually driving, and only nearly bounced him out about 4 times.

Yes, that is smog! Also, all of those buildings are apartments, and they are EVERYWHERE. No wonder they can fit a billion people there!

First we all went to Dah- Hu- Tang a large street market-

Here is a view of whats left of a large batch of firecrackers. Pretty much 24 hours a day you would hear these, or the huge boom of large ones in the sky. It was Spring Festival (which is the 15 days after Chinese New Year) and it brings you and your family Good luck and your children safety for the next year to set off as many as possible!



A view of one of the many aisles of Dah-Hu-Tang- sorry about the random guy...


Everywhere there were vendors selling a large assortment of strange foods, and I really wish I would have taken more pictures. But one of the most interesting were these little eggs-

Doesn't this look delicious??? And CLEAN??? (check out the front side of the cart...)


This is a close up view of what the eggs looks like when they are done cooking-


While in China, I did buy quite a few "Knock off" items...but you gotta watch out...Case in Point-
Behold- ABERCROMBLE

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Those are quail eggs, and they are quite good!

Colburns said...

I am so glad you had such a good trip. What an experience to have for a lifetime. Where were the refreshing toilet seat covers in China when you needed them? That is so smart about the timed light I have never thought of that we will have to try it. Love the new bed though!

AnnaMarie said...

Those eggs do look good...mmm, I can't wait for China.

Abercromble! I love it!

Sarah said...

Oh, that's awesome! Love the Ambercromble logo.
Wonder if anyone would notice when worn in America?