First Stop- Korean Airport

Our first stop was actually Los Angeles, but then we flew 13.5 hours to Korea. We had a 3 hour layover there, but did not have to go through any customs or claim and recheck luggage. So we decided to be couragous and try some Exotic food and then play a few mean games of ROOK. We mostly ordered from pictures, as the descriptions, while in English, were hardly discernable! The food here is always displayed so nicely...I mean, this is AIRPORT FOOD for pete sake!

Here is my SIL Tricia with our two beverages...Korean Sprite and the only fruit drink they had- Fresh strawberry juice- YUM!!!

This is spicy shrimp spring rolls (emphasis on the SPICY!!!!) with broth, pickled something that we all sniffed and no one tasted, and dipping sauce sort of like soy sauce. All pretty tasty.

These are pork dumplings which weren't too terrible, especially after we tried Chinese Dumpings...YUCK! The problem with these dumpings is that in China/Korea the soft bread is a delicacy, but it was a little too mushy for us!


This is noodles in broth with fried/mushy bread. It was really good. Also some veggie spring rolls, also not to bad, but I just can't handle the seaweed wrapper... hiding behind the big bowl is KimChee...pickled cabbage and the #1 specialty in Korea. It STUNK and I refused to try it, but my sister goaded me into taking a lick- just as gross as I expected!


Our favorite thing about the Korean Airport- the toilet! You push the red button on the side and the whole toilet seat rotates and refreshes with new plastic covering! WOW!


On our two hour flight from Korea to Tianjin they served some interesting Korean food-

This is the spicy red bean paste to squeeze onto the meal

Here is the meal itself-


Fish eggs-



Some sort of holey pickled vegetable

I don't know how I missed taking pictures of the fishy stuff...some sort of tentacle things! (you can see in the picture it kind of looks like mushrooms!)
needless to say, we only took pictures of the food, and did not eat any! Thank goodness for FiberOne bars and beef jerkey!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Sounds delicious to me!

CJB said...

you are more brave than me. i would have smuggled a granola bar. i LOVE those toilet seat covers that rotate. they have those at Chicago O'Hare and I think it should be a law that all public restrooms have them.

Sarah said...

Aww, come on! You didn't try any of it?

Actually, I hate all things from the sea and would've been saddened by the smell alone.