BBQ and Boxes

Here are some more pictures from our fun evening with Tyler and AnnaMarie...and don't forget katie! We threaded shish-kabobs (delicious, by the way) and then watched the kids play. Jaxon loved being pulled in a box by Uncle Tyler, who was really moving, and thought it was almost as funny as Jaxon did, when he would fling Jaxon out of the box. Dave is a master griller and times everything on the timer to make sure nothing is over or under done, what a guy! And lastly, my camera battery died, so I couldn't take a picture of the blueberry/blackberry buckle before it was 1/2 eaten, but it was delicious! What did we ever do before the internet? I wanted to do something with my blueberries and blackberries from the Ranch Market before they went bad. I searched through several recipes online before finding something easy and quick! Well worth it! I even added my own "sauce" to the recipe - berries blended with a little lemon juice and a some splenda- YUM YUM!

(Oh yes, and for anyone out of town, please note the green grass, shorts, and t-shirts all around! THIS is why we live in AZ!!!)

Dave the SUPER GRILLER!

Shrimp and Beef- raw- gross looking I know, but boy was it good when it was done!
This is only about 1/3 of the veggies we grilled...






Spunky little Katie bear!
Uncle Tyler getting his work out for the day!

Dessert...




I had to include one of my favorite shots from their quick photoshoot this week!

7 comments:

Brandis said...

Feel free to invite us over for kabobs & buckle anytime. Looks delicious!! :) I love the picture of Jaxon in the box too! :)

AnnaMarie said...

Mmm, that was good. Those beef kabobs make me question the sanity of whoever wrote The China Study...:) Maybe you should post those marinade recipes.

I love the box pic!

Sarah said...

What a great time.
And is that your guys' backyard? It looks fabulous.
The shishkabobs look delectable, as does the blackberry buckle (even half eaten). Dang.
You guys sure know how to barbeque.


Oh, and to reply to your comment on my blog about the bears:
I was definitely refering to the ones we'll be attempting to avoid in August.
But now it's like a running gag.

Love you guys.

Valerie: said...

hey your page is so cute. The girl who designed it did a very good job. I looked and added your photography site to my friends list too. Such cute pictures you take. Love them all!! Thanks for inviting us today to McDonalds. it was fun

Brit said...

wow all that food looked way too yummy, I think I am going to have to go get a snack, I am hungry now!

The Hoopers said...

Sersiously, your backyard is so nice! At our house we are working on a lovely patch of weeds.

My boys do karate through young champions. I have a flier if you need it, but the ages are 4-15.

I'm going to have to make kabobs, those look delish!!!

Lindsay Jones said...

my mouth is watering, that all looks delicious!