Darned if it didn't look like fun!

Yesterday my sister and her three Children (4,2, and 8 months) came over. Jaxon and Oakley (the 2 year old boy) are seriously TROUBLE with a capital "T" when they get together...all of a sudden, things that used to be naughty and scary become absolutely hilarious! I had quickly taken Amber upstairs to look at their family photos on the computer when Kalle (4) yells, "MOMMA!! AUNT ASHLEY!!! COME QUICK!! THE BOYS ARE BEING REEEEEEEEEEAAALLLY NAUGHTY!!!!!"
As I was running down the stairs as fast as I could, Oakley ran right past them (laughing hysterically), with some substance flying after him...kind-of like confetti. Not a second later Jaxon comes running behind him (also laughing hysterically), holding a Super size Tub of dry Oatmeal, throwing large handfuls at Oakley as fast as he can get his hand in and out of the tub. I yelled, "STOP!!!!" and everyone skidded to a hault. I told Jaxon to go immediately to sit in time out, (which he did with no protest...not normal) and I followed a large trail of outmeal back to the kitchen. I had just opened the tub that morning, so only enough for mine and Jaxon's breakfast had been missing. There was an obscenely huge pile in the kitchen, and the rest was in a trail to the stairway. Jaxon politely showed me that the tub was empty anyways, and thus said he wouldn't do it anymore. At that point, it was either laugh or cry, so I turned away so he wouldn't see me chuckle, because to be honest, It actually looked like a lot of fun to use a whole tub of outmeal as confetti... bright side? At least it wasn't applesauce!

5 comments:

Brit said...

wow you sure do have fun things going on at your house! I just wanted to tell ya Cele had a fun time last night and thoughtyou were hillarious!
p.s do you have the alchemist? I think I will try reading it if i can get my hand on a copy easily. :)

Cicily said...

I've been a horrible commenter. #1, you look fabulous in your Christmas pictures, so cute. #2, I love your new bangs, you're hair is always so awesome. #3, You win Mother of the Year award for not drop kicking him after throwing oatmeal.

Brandis said...

Sometimes it's a shame that joining in would be setting a bad example and sending mixed messages because that DOES sound like fun! :)

Roger and Stephnie said...

Wow, that sounds like something that would happen here! Did you get a picture? When things like that happen, I try to remember (through my anger) to whip out the camera for future laughs.

Momma Malia said...

you could always just save the now unedible (for me anyway!) oats for indoor sand box. at least it is easy clean up.