Eeeewwwww! What is dat???


When does the time come that as a mother, you just break down and admit that the most interesting things that happen to you, happen because of your children, and thus, stop feeling guilty that 90%...okay, lets be serious,...97% of what you blog is about them? With that lead in, here is another Jaxon anecdote!

Jaxon has been seriously "aware" of smells lately...as in...he CANNOT STAND anything that smells bad, and he has a very acute sniffer. (the garage smell we are enduring right now, just might kill him off!) I think his favorite saying right now is, "Ewwwww! What is dat?" Then when he finds out what the offensive smell is, he will describe it as either "stinky" or "Gross" This may be a little personal, but we still let Jaxon come in the bathroom with us if he wants to...now before crossing the threshhold he will ask, "Mommy, you gonna do stinkers?" If the answer is no, he comes right in to chat. If the answer is yes he slams the door as quickly as possible.

So, three funny things happened this week. First, Jaxon and I were driving and he says, "Ewww! What IS dat?" I didn't smell anything, so I said, "Jaxon, there is nothing smelly right now!" He said, "yes der is...you did a...a...hiccup!" (he actually meant burp but couldn't remember the right word!) then he said, "No more stinky hiccups mom! Dat's gross!" It sure is nice when your 2 year old is going you lessons in manners.
Next, yesterday I was eating some left over Tilapia that Dave had grilled (delicious easy recipe by the way ) and I brought over and sat next to Jaxon. He immediately stopped eating his peach and said, "Ewww! What is dat mom? Dat's gross! NO LIKE IT! NO LIKE IT! GO AWAY!" I told Jaxon that if he didn't like the smell he should smell his peach instead. He proceeded to stuff the peach right up his nose and say, "Dat's better!" Every few seconds he would take it out and sniff, and immediately stick it back in saying, "Ewww! Gross!" Finally after a few rounds of this, he broke down (and note the use of the word "PLEASE" here) he said, "Pease go way mommy, I no like that smell! Pease eat somewhere else!"
The funniest thing happened to Dave a few nights ago. Jaxon was taking his bath before bed and passed gas in the water. He of course then smelled it and said, "Ewwww! What is dat???" then he grinned at Dave and said, "Oh! Dat's ME!"

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm still lol.
That was awesome.
Jaxon is so hilarious. I love that he's sensitive to smells and is so adorable in the way he lets you know it.
Priceless.
Thanks.

Nedra Tietjen said...

I want that Tilapia recipe. I will be sure not to eat it when Jaxon is around though.

Nedra Tietjen said...

I want that Tilapia recipe. I will be sure not to eat it when Jaxon is around though.