Fantastic Saturday!

Our Memorial Day weekend has started out fantastically. Saturday was rainy again, so our only two responsibilities…doing our and my parents lawns, had to be postponed! We had a leisurely breakfast and then headed to the temple to see the Christus. Jaxon always loves that, and also loves to play on the temple grounds. Let’s be honest, a day out and about WITH dad is great no matter what. Then we headed over to the Mesa Children’s Museum because Malia and Brailyn posted such cute pictures on their blog. Again we had such a fun time! We played for about an hour and a half, and then we went to “Grandma’s Kitchen” for lunch. It wasn’t bad, but it doesn’t hold a candle to Crackers and Co. which is pretty similar! Jaxon had a nice long nap, and I was able to get ready to go to the wedding reception of a friend of Dave’s from HS. After the reception we went to a fun dinner at Oregano’s (YUM!!!! Pablo Picasso Salad!!!) with 3 of Dave’s best friends from HS and their wives. It was so great to go out with only adults and just have a fun time. Most of the night was spent laughing and reminiscing and we left only when Oregano’s was shutting down

My boys




looking at the fountains







Can you tell Dave loves being Jaxon's dad?





What a cutie!!!




Grilling, just like DADDY!



The token picture with mom, where Jaxon is ALWAYS trying to get away!


Dave and Jaxon "playing sushi" Jaxon was pretty ticked that he couldn't make the chopsticks work like Dave!

Jaxon and Daddy "jumping for Joy"...doesn't Jaxon looked...over-joyed???

7 comments:

CJB said...

I too heart the Pablo Picasso salad at Oregano's. Its heaven. Glad you had such a fun family weekend!

Marie said...

Way cute pics. Glad You've had such a good weekend!

Kimberly said...

Hi Ashley. This is Kimberly Lester. You probably didn't know this, but I read your blog everyday. I love it and appreciate you and your family. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me adding you as a friend to my blog at http://bsandks.blogspot.com/.
Let me know if that will be okay. I think you have great things to share! You are awesome and doing so much. wow!

michelle said...

I love the bubble picture. Such a cute moment

Cicily said...

100% in love with this weekend. I'm glad you found things to do to get you out of the house. Call me next time and Gus and I will play with you.

Flaherty Fam said...

That does sound like a fun weekend. I love the pics.

Nedra Tietjen said...

What a great weekend! You need to get Dave behind the camera more often so we can see more of those rare pictures of YOU and Jax.