Things I heard today...


Keep in mind, these are all from Jaxon who is a whopping 2 years, and 2 months old. and that they were all said within the same car ride to the gym...


1. "Mommy, I go live ah Tate's house." ("Ah" is how Jaxon says "at", and Tate is the 4/5 year old son of a good friend of mine. Jaxon worships the kid, but seriously...?)


2. "Mommy, Go FASTER!" (Why the heck does he care how fast we drive to the gym?)


3. "Come on pople!" (After I honked, Jaxon said this, again! This is the second time he has done this, apparently this is what I say after I honk...)


4. "Mommy, you buy Shashon ("Jaxon") Moldy-bike?" (Moldy bike is how Jax says "motorbike" which is what he calls a motorcycle.) He is absolutely OBSESSED with motorcycles right now...but if I have anything to do with it, he will NEVER ride one!


Also, yesterday I drove one of my YW to school. In the 10 minute car ride Jaxon had asked "Why?" at least 30 times, and I think she was about ready to jump out the window. It gets very tiring, but I always try to answer because 1. He is just trying to engage me in conversation and get some attention, which is good. and 2. Later (sometimes days later) he will repeat to me something I said to him during one of our question and answer periods. Last week he saw a motorcycle and said, "no ride! Unky Brit say NO NO! A too dange-us" It must have been a week before that I told he we don't ride motorcycles because Uncle Brit, who is a doctor in the ER, says we can never ride them because they are too dangerous.

3 comments:

Celeste Caldwell said...

He is such a crack up!! Man, I guess ya never know whats going to come out of the mouth of a 2 year old. I can't wait. Good times!!

Brandis said...

Don't you love car conversations? Those really are my favorite. My kids say the most off the wall, funny stuff in the car. One day Ashtyn said, "Mommy! Our car goes WAY faster than all the other cars!!" I can't believe all the stuff Jaxson's saying already and I can only imagine what is to come as he learns to talk more. :)

Sarah said...

I am amazed at how much he's talking. And in complete sentences. So impressed. And you're very patient to answer Jaxon's every "why?".
You're a great mom.