Looking on the bright side!

There is a chance that I may have exaggurated the whole AC situation a little...anyway, I decided it was looking a little negative, and that coupled with a situation I had this morning, I decided to try to see the 'tender mercies' in some of these otherwise rediculous/cruddy/hot sitations I find myself in. The bright side of the AC siutation is - we have a house, we have AC, it works, it works especially well when it is over 100 degrees outside, I have a wonderful husband, he has a good job (even if it does make him a little stingy with the cool breezes) etc. etc. etc. So, on to this morning's sitation - the more I think about it, the more blessed I feel. I was carrying a piping hot (as in, carrying it with hot pads becuase it was too hot for my bare hands) bowl of oatmeal out to the rug where I was going to join Jaxon in watching another rousing episode of Caillou. Just as I was sitting down (not 12 inches from Jax) the bowl slipped out of my hands and oatmeal splashed EVERYWHERE! My legs were burning and the rug...don't get me started! Well, I was thinking that was a pretty cruddy start to the day. As My legs were stinging on the way to the gym, it made me think, Jaxon was sitting on the floor right there, and didn't even get a drop on him. (In fact he laughed hysterically at the whole sitation and whacked my back enthusiastically while I was hunched over scrubbing the rug!) Anyway, what a blessing that my stupid old rug got sloshed and not my precious little guy. (who by the way bit my arm so hard today that I have a perfectly round bruise, and a raised welt in the shape of his upper teeth...but that's another story...) So, there is my bright side rendition of spilling oatmeal, and I may do more "bright side" posts if my attitude necessitates!

2 comments:

Boyce said...

Way to look at the bright side Ash. I'm glad the little guy is safe too. If you want AC come up here....its been snowing! :)

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I'll have to read this to my sister. She had a really bad day yesterday which was topped off by dropping her phone in the toilet and ruining it. There really always is a bright side if you're willing to dig a little.