Ode To Amber

I meant to do this for my sister Amber's birthday, but I am about two weeks late...oh well, all the great things I have to say about her are STILL true, even if they weren't posted on her birthday! Since she just turned 24, here are 24 great things about Amber-

1.She is a DOER!!! She does not procrastinate on anything, and I am amazed at the speed with which she gets things done. This is one of my favorite qualities about Amber, she is amazing!
2. She is gospel-centered on the inside, not just for show
3. She is ALWAYS ALWAYS honest…even in the tiniest little things, it’s a hard thing to do…
4. She is a great mom and rarely loses her temper, even with two little ones, and one on the way
5. She never shirks a duty, or a favor- she’s always there to help
6. Even though she is crazy-busy and almost 8 months pregnant, she is always volunteering to help others, she just looks to others needs before her own.
7. Being the baby of the family, she gets a lot of grief, and takes it is stride!
8. She makes every haircut look good…then I break down and follow her…then I’m sorry because it never looks so good on me!
9. She sees the good in people, even when it seems there is very little good to find!
10. She will claim otherwise, but she has a really cute style
11. She got all the “good” girl genes in the family…Tall, thin, un-blochy skin, nice hands, etc…
12. She let me boss her around…A LOT
13. She is still remembered for her girls camp antics, songs, and bubbly personality
14. She had boys falling all over her in highschool, and still ALL the girls liked her too!
15. She was a state Champion triple Jumper even though she rarely did the track work out, she is just very naturally athletic.
16. She always has fun ideas for things to do with the kids and each other. She never uses the excuse “I’m too tired” or “not today”(again putting others before herself)
17. She is an excellent cook, and tries new and DIFFICULT recipes all the time.
18. She knows how to give someone two black eyes at once…I know…she did it to me!
19. She forgave me for singing her praises for about 10 minutes to the cutest and most eligible “bachelors” in the singles ward, all while I sat on the lap of her future husband (Come on…I didn’t know at the time it WOULD BE her future husband…)
20. She got back at me by asking my fiancé (yes, Dave) to play with her hair every time he came over during our engagement.
21. She has a fantastic memory, especially when it comes to other people’s birthdays, anniversaries, and other special days.
22. SHE IS A GENIUS!!! She’s never met a math problem she didn’t like (or at least couldn’t conquer)
23. Despite being a genius, she is wholly unaffected by the fact that she can’t spell worth a lick!
24. She is the best sister ever. She knows just when to give words of encouragement, and when to encourage you to be better. She never lets me settle for less than my best, but always makes me feel like my best is good enough. I LOVE HER TO DEATH, and can’t imagine life without her!!!
LOVE YOU SIS!!!

1 comment:

ThePalmers said...

Wow, sis- I don't know what to say. Now after all of those kind things you have said about me, I feel like I should do something to live up to them. I sure love you. Thanks for making me feel so great!