"Do you think I could sell my artwork?"

Dave is going to kill me for this, but it is too funny not to retell- It is late Saturday night-11:40 (late for us anyways...) and I am still up because I had to finish my book. It is at times like this that Dave sometimes talks in his sleep. I turned off the light and said, "Dave?"
"yeah?"
"Will you scoot over and snuggle with me?"
"What do you want to snuggle about?"
(what does that mean exactly...'snuggle about'?)
So I said, "What?"
"What do you want to snuggle about?"
(At this point I realized Dave was talking in his sleep and mistaking the word "snuggle" for the word "talk"...of course every time this happens I seize the opportunity to see what kind of nonsense I can get out of him...so this is how our conversation went..."
Daves last sentence was,
"What do you want to snuggle about?"
"I don't know, the war?"
"Um,...no."
"Okay, how about the elections, who do you think will win?"
"uhh...I don't know."
"Okay, what about jaxon, he needs braces."
(Jaxon is only 2 and obviously does NOT need braces right now..."
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
"We don't have the money to pay for them."
"yes we do. I have a job."
"But you don't make enough, should I get a job, or will you work weekends?"
"NO!"
"Well, maybe I could sell my artwork."
(I am not an artist, and have no artwork to speak of...)
"Yeah, thats a good idea."
"do you think I could make any money?"
"yes"
"How much money do you think I could make?"
"Lots and lots"
"Yes but how much exactly?"
"at least $20 a year."

At this point I tried to keep talking but he started snoring and that was my clue that our conversation was over. Man I love when this stuff happens!

3 comments:

Momma Malia said...

i love these stories. sorry dave she has to keep doing this, if only for my sole entertainment. and $20 a year ain't bad!!*

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Man, you HAVE to keep record of this for your posterity! You could write a book of short stories and call it, "Pillow Talk - The Best of Dave Rogers".

Hope said...

Those stories are hilarious and I'm so glad you are writing them down! P.S. I have loved reading everyone's own personal tributes to President Hinckley!