Run number 3- complete!

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Here's the story- Today is Saturday, day of my 10 year reunion, and I am as SORE AS CAN BE!!!!! Thursday I did Total Body Workout, which is a a cardio based class, all done with either hand weights, or resistance bands- it is hard! Then Thursday night I had my trainer and it was a "leg day"--HARD!!! Then Friday morning was step, which I love, but I was so sore from a week of running (two days of running, but anyway...) stressing about the last minute reunion things that needed to get done, and my working with my trainer. I had to take a lot of the low options and step kicked my rear. So today was going to be my day off. I need a rest!!! Well, my sis-in-law Emily came into town last night for the reunion this weekend, and she wanted to workout together this morning. I suggested a two mile run, and she agreed! Since Dave was home, and my upperback is killing me from pushing Jaxon, we decided no jogger today. IT WAS GREAT!!!!! We ran the whole two miles with no walking, and I am really beginning to rethink the whole "first 5K with Jaxon" thing. Isn't it true that your arms help propel you when you run? (help me out here runners...) IT was SOOOO much (easier is NOT the work I'm looking for)...less hard without the stroller. And, my back loosened up through the run and hasn't felt this good since Monday! WE did the run in 20 minutes, which is a 6.0 on the treadmill...HELLO!!! I NEVER RUN THAT FAST! ( I know some of you are chuckling at my reference to a ten minute mile as "fast", but I will overlook it due to my elation of running two miles without stopping!!!!) So, long story short, I am still a runner, and feeling great about it!

4 comments:

Momma Malia said...

You are AWESOME Ash!! And yes, you do use your arms when you run, so it's no wonder you felt better without the stroller. You were probably able to relax your upper body more and just move your arms naturally. Great job, and keep it up!! ps- if you do have any questions, you can totally ask me. I'm glad you're liking running.

Colburns said...

Wow you really are a runner now! Great job. it is easier with out the runner but I found I felt better about myself when I did both because it made me think I was faster when I didn't have it. Just remeber when you are pushing it not to grip so tightly! That stress transfers up the arm to your neck and possibly your back. You are doing great keep it up. Next thing we know you will be getting ready to run a marathon! Your speed is great too!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

WOW! Good for you Ashley! It's tough to start running like that cold turkey! You inspire me to make more of an effort to whip my butt into shape this week!

CJB said...

Good job. Oh, and you can ask me any questions too. :)