Wisconsin Trip

Jaxon and I recently returned from a Week in Wisconsin, and here are some pictures to prove it! The flights (3 and a half hours)were what I was most worried about, but I lucked out both ways. Both ways we sat in the bulk head next to an 18 year old girl (different girl each leg) and they LOVED Jax. They immediately held him and started playing with him, and he dug through their purses, played with their ipods etc. I would say he spent about 80% of each flight with the girls. (thank you Melody and Christine wherever you are!!!)He did not cry or get cranky at all either way! I did have to tell one scary crazy guy sitting in the row behind us that Jaxon nor I were allowed to talk to strange men. He then proceeded to introduce himself, so as not to be a stranger, and tried to hold Jaxons hand. I again told him no thank you. He didn't quite get the picture, so I turned around and told him not to touch or talk to Jaxon or I again. Sounds a little rude I know, but he really gave me the creeps, and you can never be to careful!
Jaxon did have a lot of trouble sleeping in a new place, and at 3 am after an hour of crying, I gave in, and we sleep in the bed in his room. I can't believe he even slept, but I was woken up at 6:30 with a hard smack in the nose, followed by hilarious laughter~! After the first night, he got more used to his surroundings, and he slept in his pack-n-play the rest of the time.
Jaxon was obsessed with my sis-in-laws pregnant tummy (small though it is), and while the pictures don't do it justice, he spent about 10 minutes trying to wrestle with it! I think we can safely say that Jaxon is the first cousin to play with soon-to-come baby katie.
The weather was great, mid-70's, but still a little humid for my taste. Wisconsin sure is beautiful though, I can't imagine what it's like to have the forest as your back yard!


1 comment:

Cicily said...

Looks like a really fun trip. I'm proud of you for packing Jaxon on a plane, I feel so bad for mom's. The worry alone will get you. I truly think they should make a family friendly airline. Everyone would be cool with the kid crying, no dirty looks. They could have a sleeping and a play section, you could feel free to move at your leisure. It would really make traveling better for everyone. Your girls camp pictures are really cute, I'm proud of you for eating bugs, GROSS! We really need to get together and do something, are you still busy with tutoring?