Like Parent, Like Child

Something so funny happened today. Our little Jaxon is getting so independent and also quite stubborn like both of his parents. Another side note to know before hearing this story, is that Jaxon's arch-enemy is the microwave. When he wants something, he wants it NOW, and doesn't understand the point of putting it into the microwave, just for it to move around in circles for 30 seconds before taking it out again.
This morning, I was letting Jaxon help me get his breakfast so be can start exerting his independence in some useful ways. He got a frozen waffle out of the bag I was holding, but when I told him to put it in the microwave- he whacked me with it!! (this is not the funny part!!!) I tried and tried to get him to put it into the microwave but to no avail. I then told him he would have to have something else for breakfast becuase you can't eat a frozen waffle. Well, Jaxon looked me straight in the eye, and started gnawing. I thought it was hilarious but supressed my laughter, figuring he would give up in a few seconds. Well, I was wrong. So I decided, who the heck cares if he wants to eat it frozen? I put him in his chair and he ate half of the waffle (same amount he eats when it is cooked and dipped in syrup!) Im not sure if he enjoyed it, or if he just did it to spite me, but breakfast is breakfast, right?!?

3 comments:

Jen and Bryan said...

That's when you let him at it so you have more free time for yourself! :)

Jamie said...

Stuborn . I have a few like that!!!Funny story:):)

Ashley said...

ashley, loved the story! Ahhh, a mom's life ... stranger (and more fun) than fiction, right?! love, mom R.