Jaxon and ketchup





Today I let Jaxon have some french fries (GASP!!! Don't tell Dave, he says no trans-fats for Jax!!!) Anyway, he saw my mom dip one in Ketchup and wanted to do the same. He didn't seem to feel to strongly about it either way. Later I made Jaxon a hotdog for dinner (yes, I do deserve mother-of-the-year for all the healthy food I feed my son!) and since lately he has enjoyed using hotdogs as projectiles rather than dinner, I decided to try the ketchup again, just to see if it would help. Well, help is an understatement! jaxon dipped every piece, and when he could see that he was on him last piece of hotdog, he kept dipping it over and over again and sucking the ketchup off. Only after about 2 minutes of doing that, and losing his hotdog piece in the pile of ketchup, did he realize that he could actually just dip his fingers. Of course after a while of that, he was done eating, and then just really enjoyed playing with/IN the ketchup. Any good mother would have taken the ketchup away at that point, but not me! I saw a photo-moment too good to pass up, and while he was all ready quite covered, I figured giving him a little more time to play would only add to the cuteness of the pictures I could already start formulating in my mind.
For anyone wondering if Jaxon ever actually wears clothes, here's the story. As a mother, You just realize that when it's 4 in the afternoon and your child has already been through 2 outfit changes, it is just not humanly possible to keep a toddler clean...not even sort of! he was going to eat dinner, have a bath, and play for a little longer and then go to bed, who wouldn't like to do all those things in their underwear anyways????

As a side note, we played human-foose ball tonight for mutual. It was incredibly fun, but I do recommend finding out what you are doing ahead of time and planning accordingly. I of course did not do that, and wore flip-flops. OUCH!!!!

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

How cute! Dipping is one of our friends' kid's favorite thing--he'll eat pretty much anything if it's dipped!

Robin said...

I could almost see the bruises forming on you at mutual.
Charlotte is a huge fan of dipping. I'm pretty sure she had an entire meal of ranch dressing the other day without ingesting any of the chicken she was sucking it off.

Robin said...

There it is- "to good to pass up" that needs a double oh. Now time for the update we've all been waiting for.